I thought this week’s discussion was very important. I did not realize how many rules and regulations were connected to copyright issues. After looking over some of the rules, and taking the copyright quiz, I was shocked by how many rules I did not know. I found some rules to be absurd, but others I could understand why they were in place. I know it is important to protect the original writers, producers, or makers of products or works, but some rules seem a little extreme.
Module 8
This chapter was entitled, “Media, Aids, and Resources” and was a very good chapter. I thought Figure 8.4 on page 303 was great to use as a quick reference for what is allowed regarding printing material. I know that I would need to keep a copy of regulations with me in my classroom, or have access to a website that details what is allowed and what is not. I would definitely not want to violate any copyright laws no matter how extreme they seem.
Website Recommendation: http://www.copyright.gov/
This site is the main site for information for the US government regarding copyright laws and how to register original work.
No comments:
Post a Comment