Sunday, November 21, 2010

Week 13 Reflections

This week was one busy, busy week. So many things are due that I am running around in circles! Even though there was a lot to do, it was a good week. I have begun working on the Lesson Plan and am hoping to finish and submit that soon. I’ve realized if I don’t start early, projects become very stressful.

This week’s discussion was about “Self-Reflection.” Our discussion prompt asked us to consider what aspects of the class we particularly enjoyed and will find useful in the future. I mentioned that I thought that the creation of the Unit Plan was one of the most useful activities we did because it is something I will have to do in my future teaching career. It was interesting to read my classmates’ thoughts on the semester. Some thought the class would have been better in person, but others did not mention their feelings on “location.” I know that if I could take this class again, I would definitely choose to take it in person, but that is probably because I enjoy interacting in real life settings rather than through virtual means.

Module 10

This chapter was about “Self-Assessment of Teaching,” and I thought it was much like a send-off chapter. There were sections that talked about our future student internships, how to behave and dress professionally, and even a section on how to relate to students. I thought this chapter was insightful as it brought up topics that new teachers need to consider. One section I thought was useful was the section on creating a portfolio. I am close to graduating, so this is something I will be doing in the future, and will need to know the best way of organizing one. The chapter gave tips for how to create an effective portfolio.

Website Recommendation: http://www.worldteach.org
This website might be a good place to start if one is wishing to volunteer or work abroad in the teaching field.

No comments:

Post a Comment