Now that we are approaching the end of Week 4, I was glad that I had read Module 3 and Wong Chapters 11-14 and blogged about them last week because this week was very busy. It seems like the semester is picking up and everything is getting more intense.
I was surprised that our discussion this week was to find an article. To be honest, I am not overly fond of articles because it always seems like the researchers are out to prove something, but end up with little real results. I am learning though, that articles must be read and even though I feel at times that they do not really "say" much, I try to glean something from them. (I hesitate even saying that, but that is how I feel). If anyone had any suggestions as to where to find more interesting articles, I would be much obliged. My article this week was about a study done with over 300 pre-service teachers in Canada. What I mentioned in my discussion post was that some of the teachers in the article felt that they were unprepared for teaching even after their training. They wanted more real experiences, and I guess I feel the same. I wonder if I will be ready to teach when I finish the program, but I do take solace in the fact that most teachers basically use the "sink or swim" method as they begin teaching. I know that when I first started teaching in Korea, it was much like that. I really was thrown in with seemingly little preparation, but the truth is, you figure out how to do it. So, that is what I will rely on, the ability to learn as you go, and to just go with the flow.
Website Recommendation:
http://www.ilovethatteachingidea.com/ideas/subj_classroom_management.htm
This website is great for creative ideas for teaching in general.
No comments:
Post a Comment